2008年7月30日星期三

Artists


We got to go to a calligraphy class while we were there. We were supposed to have two more calligrphy classes but they were canceled. I felt honored to be in his presence. He was wonderful.

The man with the fans was at the Confucius Temple painting the most beautiful designs on the fans. I bought one, not because I needed it, but because he was such a great artist.
We met the most interesting artists. The man in front of the water was an amazing man. I have no idea how old he was but I bet he could tell many stories from his life in China. We must have sat with him for 1/2 hour talking to him through a kind Chinese lady who could speak English. I sat and looked through his charcoal, very intricate drawings. I asked if I could buy one and he said no. He spends all his time going from one beautiful spot to another, drawing for the joy of creating. He was so humble and gentle. I wished, at that time, more than almost anything that I could get to know him and learn much from him. It was a very sweet experience.
This was an art professor at the college. She did this painting for us in about 20 minutes and wanted about $100.00 American money. It was good and wonderful to watch, but none of us could pay that for it.

没有评论: